RAF Bomber Command Notes
RAF Bomber Command
1939 - 1945|
to Bomber Command Index
- Arrival date of 03/09/39 denotes a
unit in place at the start of the war.
- 1939-40. Units involved in the Battle
of France returned with incomplete Operational Record Books leading
to inconsistent entries.
- Aircraft types are from RAF AM78 movement
cards and recorded unit ORB losses.
- Movement history is from primary sources
of ORB's held at the Public Record Office, Kew, London. Secondary
sources of published histories have also been used. Bibliography
available on request.
- Dates are in European format e.g.
- OTU's normally operated from a main
base and satellite airfields.
- No aircraft types are shown for OTU's
due to the large numbers used.
Ross McNeill March 1999