RAF Coastal Command Notes
Return to Coastal
- Arrival date of 03/09/39 denotes a
unit in place at the start of the war.
- Aircraft types are from RAF AM78 movement
cards and recorded unit ORB losses.
- Movement history is from primary sources
of ORB's held at the Public Record Office, Kew, London. Secondary
sources of published histories have also been used. Bibliography
available on request.
- Dates are in European format e.g.
- OTU's normally operated from a main
base and satellite airfields.
- No aircraft types are shown for OTU's
due to the large numbers used.
- Detachments of Coastal Command Units
are shown were known.
Ross McNeill May 1999