RAF Fighter Command Notes
RAF Fighter Command
1939 - 1945|
to Fighter Command Index
Copyright: Ross McNeill
- Arrival date of 03/09/39 denotes a
unit in place at the start of the war.
- Aircraft types are from RAF AM78 movement
cards and recorded unit ORB losses.
- Movement history is from primary sources
of ORB's held at the Public Record Office, Kew, London. Secondary
sources of published histories have also been used. Bibliography
available on request.
- Dates are in European format e.g.
- OTU's normally operated from a main
base and satellite airfields.
- Detachments of Fighter Command Units
are not shown.
- Air Sea Rescue Squadrons not shown.
- Army co-operation units not shown.
- Anti-aircraft co-operation units not