Pavel Vancata’s latest work – “311 Squadron” was published recently and is now available on the market. Pavel is a senior member of the RAFCommands Forum and has been contributing for many years..
The Book is a comprehensive resource for those who are interested in Czechoslovak airmen serving in the RAF during the World War Two, particularly in the sole bomber squadron.
The Book contains the unit history in details illustrated by more than 220 B&W photos + 5 rare colour photos – many of them published for the first time.
The target audience will include not only RAF scholars but Scale Modellers as it contains 25 colour profiles of 311 Squadron aircraft (Anson, Wellingtons, Liberators) depicting the various camouflage and markings used.
The squadron history is completed by following appendixes:
- Map of the United Kingdom showing location of all squadron bases
- Statistics of missions undertaken both with Bomber and Coastal Command
- List of targets attacked in Germany, Italy and occupied Europe in 1940-42
- Map of attacks on German submarines in the Bay of Biscay in 1942-44
- Serial numbers and individual letter of all squadron Vickers Wellingtons and Consolidated B-24 Liberators
- Squadron Prisoner of War list
- Squadron Roll of Honour list
- Roster of Flying Personnel with brief service record containing ranks, decorations, period of service including also allied airmen known – over 800 names.
- Details about 311 Squadron crews training
Details of the Book
- Format: B5
- Pages: 160 including 24 in colour
- Publisher: MMPBooks (November 2013)
- ISBN-10: 8361421432
- ISBN-13: 978-8361421436
Order from Amazon UK : 311 Squadron: 311 (Czechoslovak) Squadron RAF (Blue (Stratus)) or Amazon US 311 Squadron RAF (Blue (Stratus))