PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of RAFCommands

Ross_McNeill
3rd September 2013, 14:02
It is with pleasure that I hand over the control of the Forum to Jagan.

This is the first stage of handover and sees transfer of all control and ownership of the forum.

I've asked Jagan to alter my membership to registered user when he next logs in which will cancel all admin rights I have.

In the background I have given access to the behind the scenes part of the web site to allow maintenance and will remain in joint control of this area until easyspace accounts are split and domain is transferred.

To all extents the web site now runs with new ownership and I wish them all success with the necessary moving of furniture and redecoration.

I hope that I will be permitted to remain as a registered user and continue to post when I have an input to make.

Finally I would like to express my thanks to all those who have contributed to this forum now and in the past.

With fond regards

Ross

bruce dennis
3rd September 2013, 14:12
Ross, many, many thanks for what you have done.

Regards,
Bruce

Andy Fletcher
3rd September 2013, 14:13
Hi Ross,

You have made this site the premier discussion forum for all things RAF which has greatly aided my own research into the PRU. Good luck with what ever you have planned in the future.

Best Regards

Andy Fletcher

malcolm_raf
3rd September 2013, 14:45
Hi Ross

I also would like to thank you for your efforts over the years in providing an invaluable research forum.

All the best

Malcolm

wwrsimon
3rd September 2013, 14:49
May I add my thanks and appreciation for all Ross has done.

Does this now mean Volume 2 of Coastal Command Losses will be appearing anytime soon?
(...tongue firmly in cheek...)

Regards

Simon

Jagan
3rd September 2013, 14:59
Ross,

Thank you for all your have done for the forum.

It goes without saying - from all of us.. that I hope your new plans and commitments will still leave room for participation in RAF Commands at the same pace as before.

-Jagan

Resmoroh
3rd September 2013, 15:03
Ross,
Not only have you provided a Forum of inestimable value, but you have - by virtue of that - also given me some friends.
Well done that man.
Peter Davies

phill jones
3rd September 2013, 15:20
I concur , with all that has been said , Ross Thank you and may i wish you all the very best for your future plans , hopefully we will see you posting on the forum.

Rgs Phill Jones

Dakota
3rd September 2013, 15:33
G'day Ross

I can not thank you enough for all the work you have done here. You stuck with it even when bombarded by our favorite Russian spammer. I also appreciate your confidence in me when you made me a moderator. I too look forward your your next Coastal Command publication. Bravo Zulu Sir!

Cheers...Chris

paulmcmillan
3rd September 2013, 15:59
Ross

May I concur with everyone who says 'Thanks' for your efforts on this on the last 10 years plus without your vision of starting the forum our collective knowledge of RAF Operations from 1918 onwards would be much much poorer

Good luck with your new venture

Paul

robstitt
3rd September 2013, 19:58
Thank you, Ross! We're all richer for your vision and dedication... including you making sure the forum lives on.

Robert

dfuller52
3rd September 2013, 20:02
I couldn't let such a momentous thread as this go without being a part of it.

Thanks Ross, it is truly a marvelous resource you have created. Good luck with your new project.

David

big tyke
3rd September 2013, 20:14
Thanks for everything Ross. Personally I have gleamed much from this fantastic site and would like to thank all the members for that.

Good luck in your next venture.

nick

Linzee
3rd September 2013, 20:26
Ross,

Grateful thanks from me for all you have so generously shared over the years in your website, book and of course this incredible forum. I'm not sure that you fully appreciate just how many people you have unwittingly assisted over the years by providing this forum as a resource for us all to meet and exchange information. It is not only those who post here who benefit, but the relatives of airmen whose names are mentioned in the posts.

Wishing you all the very best with your new ventures and hope to see your continued words of wisdom appearing here for many years to come.

To those who take RAF Commands onwards, I salute you. Long may it continue in the same was has it has done for this past decade and longer.

My best to all
Linzee

Fox
3rd September 2013, 22:36
The only thing that comes to my mind is: 'The show must go on!'

78SqnHistory
3rd September 2013, 23:00
I would like to echo the previous comments of thanks to Ross, the forum has helped me greatly in my research, putting me in contact with so many wonderful people.Thanks Ross and best wishes for the future.
Daz

ian94avenge
3rd September 2013, 23:06
Ross,

I concur the sentiments made in these posts and wish you well in your future Endeavours.

Indeed Fox, but with a new Ringmaster.

Regards,

Ian

Andy Ingham
3rd September 2013, 23:12
What more can I add, Thanks Ross and long live the 'New' RAF Commands.
Andy

Lyffe
3rd September 2013, 23:29
There's nothing really left to say, Ross, other than to echo everyone else and say "Thank you" for creating such an invaluable resource.

May your new project be as successful as this is.

Brian

Errol Martyn
3rd September 2013, 23:33
Ross,

Many thanks for me, too, Ross.

Many folk have benefitted from the forum over the 15 years of its existence to date, not just the regular enthusiast, researcher and historian, but also those who have come across the forum while seeking information about a loved one who was lost during the war, often discovering facts and closure that had otherwise eluded them. And, as remarked another above, the forum has also introduced us to many new friends along the way.

It's amazing to think of how much we all would have remained ignorant of had there been no rafcommands forum in the first instance.

Well done Ross and all the best where ever your future endeavours take you!

Errol

Martin Gleeson
4th September 2013, 00:00
To Ross,

Thank you very much for facilitating such a wonderful exchange of information over many years. Your forum has been of great assistance to me and many others. Best wishes for the future.

To Jagan,

Thank you for taking on this huge responsibility, and so decisively in such a short space of time. Wishing you every success in this and all of your endeavours.

Regards,

Martin Gleeson.

Tony Kearns
4th September 2013, 00:09
Ross I really have nothing to say...............except...... go raibh mile maith agat (in the Irish language) a thousand
thanks.
Tony K

Bill Walker
4th September 2013, 00:16
Thank you Ross for starting this Forum,and for making sure it continues. I hope you will continue as a reader and occaisonal contributor.

Good luck Jagan, let us know if we can do anything.

David Gunby
4th September 2013, 00:27
Thanks indeed, Ross. RAF Commands has been a god-send, time and again, so far as I am concerned.

David

David Wallace
4th September 2013, 00:40
Ross - This forum has been wonderful - thank you for all the work you put into it.
Dave Wallace

Arthur Arculus
4th September 2013, 01:04
It is with pleasure that I hand over the control of the Forum to Jagan.

This is the first stage of handover and sees transfer of all control and ownership of the forum.

I've asked Jagan to alter my membership to registered user when he next logs in which will cancel all admin rights I have.

In the background I have given access to the behind the scenes part of the web site to allow maintenance and will remain in joint control of this area until easyspace accounts are split and domain is transferred.

To all extents the web site now runs with new ownership and I wish them all success with the necessary moving of furniture and redecoration.

I hope that I will be permitted to remain as a registered user and continue to post when I have an input to make.

Finally I would like to express my thanks to all those who have contributed to this forum now and in the past.

With fond regards

Ross

Ross,
I thank you very much indeed for all the hard work you have put in to the site, I would like to add my thanks to 'Jagan' for taking over such a well run site, I wish him well..
Yours with much appreciation,
Digger.

Matt Poole
4th September 2013, 02:06
Ross,

I has been an honor to lurk and to occasionally post on this superb site characterized by a civility that sets the standard, and will continue to do so in the capable hands of another good egg, Jagan. There have been so many eye-opening postings that have jolted message thread forward along the winding path of discovery. Ross, take a bow, as you are ultimately responsible for each and every one. Best wishes, and thanks!

Matt

munro
4th September 2013, 07:47
Ross,

thank you for all your work with this invaluable forum.

wish you all the best

Milan

Galgos
4th September 2013, 08:04
I'm sure Ross had little idea when he first started RAFC that it would become such an essential, well-informed and friendly site. That it has done so is largely due to his management for which no words can adequately express my appreciation.
Thanks also go to Jagan in taking over this onerous task and also to all those who have stumped up some of their hard earned cash in order that the site may continue to exist.
Max

Argus
4th September 2013, 09:50
Goddag Ross,

Thank you so much Ross,

Your idea with Raf Commands, gave so much of valuable exchanges of informations and friendships across borders.

Wish you all the best in your future life.

Welcome Jagan and good luck with the Forum.

Finn Buch

jossleclercq
4th September 2013, 12:27
Hello

Thanks to Ross for his superb site and for maintaining it all these years. The forum is of the highest standard and we have all benefited from it. Many offboard contacts were made due to this discussion board, and sometimes even created meetings between members.

Good luck to Jagan.

Joss

Oggie2620
4th September 2013, 15:42
Many thanks to you Ross for all your Sterling work on this site. I recommend it on a regular basis and will continue to do so as I am sure that Jagan will definitely not let you down with his control :)

Look forward to your next book hitting the stands!

Dee

Richard
5th September 2013, 08:27
Many thanks Ross, and very best wishes for your new project.

Richard

Tom Allett
5th September 2013, 11:00
And thanks from me too Ross.
You did a great job and good luck to all involved in keeping this great site going.

HALIFAX
5th September 2013, 18:59
Hi ROSS
Like everyone else I would like to thank you for this fantastic site I wish you all the luck In the future and thank you for giving an Interest In my old age
Take Care
Harold Dummer

Eric
6th September 2013, 01:50
Ross

Information obtained through this forum has proven invaluable to my family.

Thanks for making that happen.

All the best.

Eric

grounded
6th September 2013, 05:51
There are many members on this site who know their stuff.

The crew did in-flight refuelling and swapped pilots.
There was no loss in altitude, airspeed, nor a course-change.
It seems to me that Ross was our pilot and skipper, and a good one.
So to speak.

alain charpentier
6th September 2013, 06:24
Thank you Ross, your site have been a great help and interesting reading,
without you researchs would have been a nightmare !

Alain.

Ross_McNeill
6th September 2013, 16:17
Cheers All,

Many thanks for all the sentiments but time I think to close this thread and let the new team get on with the renovations.

Regards
Ross