Thread: ABC Of The RAF For Children (Help Needed)!

Thanks

Default ABC Of The RAF For Children (Help Needed)!

I have the book titled: RAF Bomber Crewman, by Jonathan Falconer recently published by Shire Publications. It contains an illustration on page 63 "T is for Tail Gunner". The captain records this as a page taken from "ABC Of The RAF For Children".

I am unable to trace this book. Could any Forum member help identify the original source?

I am aware of the book titled "ABC of the RAF", a small pocket sized wartime publication, but I do not think it is the same volume? I do not have this publication so I am unable to check.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Thanks

Malcolm,
    Definatley not the same book, on page 63 in my copy of the book, it deals with the Empire Training scheme and RAF Trumpet Calls.

Thanks

Hello Alan,

Thank you for the reply.

I think I may have been unclear in my description. Page 63 refers to the new Shire Publication that reproduces the illustration taken from "ABC Of The RAF For Children".

I am unable to find any reference to "ABC Of The RAF For Children". If a Forum member has the Shire book and recognises the illustration I would appreciate a heads up!

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Thanks

Malcolm

why not get in touch with the publishers direct and asking them their source? The "for children" bit seems to imply that is a description of whom the book is aimed at rather than the title. It may not even be a book but something produced during the war as cards or educational posters or by a newspaper.

K
    RAF Armoured Car Companies 1920-45 http://www.rafacciraq.com/

Thanks

Hello Amrit,

I think that would be a good plan.

Kind regards, Malcolm.