Thread: 76 Sqn Crew Halifax MP-T

Thanks

Default 76 Sqn Crew Halifax MP-T

Hi All,

I am trying to determine the serial number of a halifax and the ranks and initials of its crew. F/L M. Edmonds was the navigator, Larsen was the pilot and the Halifax code was MP-T. Their tour of operations was from 21 Nov 1943 until 8 Aug 1944.

I have a tremendous crew photo of them but only their last names and nicknames.

"Bert" Kirtland, W/OP
    "Taff" Davies, M/AG
    "Lill Arthur" Horne, R/AG
    "Carl" Larsen, Pilot (he was RNAF)
    "Eddie" Edmonds, Navigator (my father Flt.Lt. Maurice)
    "Johnnie" Wilson, F/E
    "Darkie" Willis, A/B

I'm hoping someone out there has a 76 sqn ORB.

Matt

Thanks

Hello Matt,

I'm away from my 76 Sqn ORBs till next Monday. If you don't get what you seek by then, I'll get back to you. Meanwhile, should you not be aware, Bert Kirtland is the current secretary of the 76 Sqn Association. There is a picture of him in the following article:- http://www.raf.mod.uk/raflintononouse/newsweather/index.cfm?storyid=B36E60EA-1143-EC82-2E3A4DE961DCB6A9. If you 'Google' 'Bert Kirtland' you will find quite a few articles with him mentioned. Bert Kirtland was a Flight Lieutenant and won the DFC, he has a email address but again, I will not be able to get it to you till I get home next Monday. Also, I have a photo of Captain Larsen. RNoAF. Finaly, my father was a navigator on 'C' Flight 76 Sqn from March 1944 to June 1944, flight commander Sqn Ldr James Harrison a Kiwi and CO Wing Commander 'Hank' Iveson. His aircraft was MZ604 MP-W for 'William'

Norman
    Last edited by namrondooh; 28th January 2011 at 13:12. Reason: additional information

Thanks

Hi Matt,
    Halifax LK785, MP-T.

2nd Lt C. Larsen.
    Sgt E.E. Willis.
    F/O M.S. Edmonds.
    Sgt H.W. Kirtland.
    Sgt M. Ransome.
    Sgt A.C. Wilson.
    Sgt A. Horn.

Thanks

Default Eddie Edmonds

Matt,
    Was your father trained for a time in Ponca City, OK? Can you give me some information about his time there if possible? Thanks, Paula K. Denson, author of "The RAF in Oklahoma".