Thread: CC 19 Gp operations on 18.8.1942

Thanks

Default CC 19 Gp operations on 18.8.1942

Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone has idea which units were operation on this day over Bay of Biscay?
    Unfortunately I have not access to the ORB of 19 Gp and it will take me a long time before I will be able to get to TNA.

TIA

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Hi Pavel

In AIR 25/453 19 Group ORB there is no reference to which units were operation on that day and I believe the information you are after is more likely to be found in the appendix AIR 25/473.

That said, there is reference to two combats that day which may help you. Firstly an attack on a U-Boat by Liberator F of 120 Squadron operating out of Predannack at 18.46 hrs; the second incident recorded being an engagement between Wellington T of 311 Squadron operating out of Talbenny engaging two Ju.88s at 11.03 hrs.

Kind regards
    Pierre

Thanks

Hi Pierre, many thanks.

I am researching the 311 Sq and I already have the information from the ORB but now I am after other squadrons operation on this say as it seems to be a quite busy day over the Bay.

This is the first step only, then I will check the appropriate Squadron ORBs when I will know the squadrons:)

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz