Thread: No.75 Sqn ORB

Thanks

Default No.75 Sqn ORB

Hi,
    I need some help to identify two aircraft of No.75 Sqn mentioned in the “Monthly Supplementary Narrative of Operations” (summary of claims against enemy aircraft made by Bomber Command crews).

Night 27/28 September 1943
    “A/C Stirling ‘H’ of 75 Squadron over HANOVER at 2218 hours. Height 17,500 ft. identified a Ju,88. The R/G opened fire and hit the E/A which fell in flames to the ground. The Ju,88 is claimed as destroyed.”

There is no surviving Combat Report for this claim and I am not sure if the information in “Forever Strong” by Norman Franks is 100% correct. I would appreciate help to confirm the names of pilot and R/G of Stirling ‘H’ had and if possible also serial number of the a/c. Additional information about the claims is of course also welcome.

Night 8/9 October 1943
    Stirling ‘A’ of 75 Squadron damaged a Me.110 and Me.109

There are some conflicting data in Combat Reports and “Forever Strong” by Norman Franks. I would also here appreciate help to confirm which crew Stirling ‘A’ had (or at least pilot and gunners) and if possible also serial number of the a/c. Additional information about the claims is of course also welcome.

Regards,
    Peter

Thanks

Hello Peter,

I have some 75 squadron ORB's, but not the year you need sorry.
    I only have 1944 and 1945 at the moment.

Regards,
    Wayne.

Thanks

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for the answer. No problem I just received an answer on another forum.
    I have a question for the year 1944 but I will contact you off the Forum within a few days.

Regards,
    Peter