Thread: Flightglobal Archive access?

Thanks

Default Flightglobal Archive access?

Hi folks

General question here. Does anyone have any problem accessing the above or is it just me doing something wrong?

If I Google something and it comes up as a reference in the Flightglobal Archives, going on to there I get a sort of blank page with a thumbnail list down the left hand side showing all the different magazine pages with 'my' one highlighted. But clicking on that (or any other one) doesn't open the particular page onto the main screen.

Any idea how I can access the pages from these thumbnails?

Ian

Thanks

Just checked Ian, no problems here.

Brian

Thanks

Seems OK here....these things happen now and again, usually to me. Have you got the latest various flash player and add-ons? that can usually cause annoying problems.

Robert.

Thanks

I have had similar problems there when I'm not careful about the query. If you are looking for a phrase, be sure to put it in "quotes". Otherwise the searcher will find every page containing ANY of your words. This can be tens of thousands of pages if your phrase includes common words like "and". The searcher bravely tries to display all 10,000 pages, which takes some time to load, which can result in what you described while they are loading.

Thanks

Sounds more like a problem with your browser and adobe reader not talking to each other.

If you can see that line of thumbnails down the left hand side, including your one highlighted, click on anohter of the thumbnails to see if that page loads up, or try clicking on your own page thumbnail.

Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox or other?

Can you give us an example of one such search so we can try it out.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Sounds like you are having problems with your Acrobet pdf reader. Open it up and check for updates. Then clear all cookies, and reboot. See if that helps.

A

edit: sorry, I missed Denni's last post and have duplicated what he recommended. My apologies
    RAF Armoured Car Companies 1920-45 http://www.rafacciraq.com/

Thanks

Yes, sounds like a PDF reader problem. If you're using Adobe it's probably a stalled update triggered by your firewall and/or anti-virus: I've often come across conflicts between Adobe and (for example) AVG.

If you're using the free version of Adobe, you might find it easier to switch to Foxit Reader: it's faster and more fully-featured than Adobe and takes up a fraction of the space on your system. Adobe is notoriously bloated these days.