Thread: Bennett's book "Pathfinder"

Thanks

Default Bennett's book "Pathfinder"

It's some time since I read Bennett's book "Pathfinder", but I recall that it includes a photograph of a briefing of senior officers in the 8 Group Ops room which includes the Group's Senior Meteorological Officer who went by the name of Thomas. Most of those at the briefing were seated at a table and Thomas, unusually for senior meteorologists, was in uniform.

If anyone has the book I'd be grateful for advice as to the date of the photograph, Thomas's initials and his rank. To be honest I can't recall if the first two items were recorded in the photo caption but for some reason it sticks in my mind that he was either a Group Captain or Wing Commander.

Elsewhere the text included a couple of references to my man but I don't think they included any additional information.

TIA

Brian

Thanks

Brian,

Not quite the answer you wanted, but it might help:

http://www.ww2-pathfinders.co.uk/PFF Staff - Thomas.html

Col.

Thanks

My thanks Col; I'm obviously becoming very senile as that entry is based on correspondence between myself and David but I've no copy of it nor any recollection of it taking place - although it must have been some time ago.

The photo to which I referred is actually on the website at http://www.ww2-pathfinders.co.uk/About%20website.html; Thomas being the Wing Commander, second left, smiling and looking towards Bennett.

Brian