Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help please

Thanks

Slightly OT, as I can't help with your current project.
    I have been in touch with 1333 Sqn in the past when you came to Poland and then when you invited me to Grangemouth. It was a real pleasure and very rewarding to see young people with real interest in history!

Thanks

Default Voy Tech

Sorry foir not replying sooner, ive had a few computer problems, seem to be resolved now ! As a new ...one year, member of the staff, I wasnt around when the squadron visited Poland. By all accounts it was a very interesting time ! You may or may not be aware about the memorial wall that is in place, a permanent memorial to the lost pilots from Grangemouth OTU. The memorial has now moved forward with lots of hard work from staff and cadets. A full size spitfire replica, information boards and mjor landscaping is about to start . Architects predict June 2011 will see the ground breaking. The Cadets continue to grow in strength with lots of wortrhwhile evnts taking place regularly. We now have a cadets forum, 1333 grangemouth squadron free forums, where you can see what the cadets are up to, large and small events are listed. Please , keep in touch, contact me through my private message facility and E mail addresse of other staff members, Tom McMorrow, (our CO )etc can be forwarded. We are also in the process of starting an electronic news letter for the Friends of 1333.This is primarilly aimed at giving information about the cadets to local schools, and businesses that support us throughout the year. If you would like to receive a copy then let us know ! Great to hear that 1333 is remembered.
    Scott, for 1333.

Thanks

Default still looking !

Hi and thank you to all who have replied. Ive had some computer problems recently but all now seems normal ! We intend visiting Norway next year, 2012. At the moment many of our resources are involved with our spifire memorial and all that it entails. Please dont think that we have gone away, we are just, "regrouping ", working out who will do what. We want to aquire some knowledge and allow the cadets to follow the trail that the adults can point out. This enables the young people to " own the project ". To see the cadets get into a project is exciiting to watch as not all of them excell in conventional education. This might just slowly stroll along just now but as we get the cadets organised and find them tasks to research then I am sure that you can expect an explosion of activity here and elsewhere !
    Scott, for 1333