Thread: More RCAF pilots

Thanks

Default More RCAF pilots

Hi all,

Here I come with another series of requests regarding RCAF pilots, since I have not been able to find the relevant information anywhere -- in spite of the fact that I have been looking for these details for quite a long time...

These men were flying with 401 Sqn in 1942-1943, and some might have been commissioned afterwards.

First, I am missing the service number of the following pilots:

(1) S/P John A. Chapin
    (2) F/O L. Gilbert Coons
    (3) S/P Cyril Branston Cohen (later commissioned with service number J/17619)
    (4) S/P A.E. Gray
    (5) S/P Paul K. Gray

If first name and/or christian name are missing, it means that I did not find them out neither.

Then, I am also looking for any photograph of Nos. (2) and (4) plus another one: F/O Harold Andrew Westhaver.

Eventually, I would be glad to collect any piece of information related to a P/O Earl who flew with 412 Sqn at the same time.

If anyone can help with at least of these men, please let me know.

Thank you,

Fox.
    Author of Crash in Bayeux - The Last Flight of Sergeant Ferguson (ISBN 979-10-91044-13-4) - www.facebook.com/crashinbayeux.

Thanks

Default "Archie"

Fox,

Archie Gray. I corresponded with Archie way back when and I have a copy of his log book and a photo or two of him.

Stephen

Thanks

Thanks a lot, Stephen.

I sent you a message -- please let me know if you can tell me more about this man.

Regards,

Fox.
    Author of Crash in Bayeux - The Last Flight of Sergeant Ferguson (ISBN 979-10-91044-13-4) - www.facebook.com/crashinbayeux.

Thanks

Hi,

Possibly a lead as far as P/O Earl is concerned: the CWGC database has a P/O William Harry Earl (RCAF), service number C/24354, KIA on 5 October 1943. Unfortunately, I cannot find out whether he served with 412 Sqn or not.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Fox.

Thanks

Default They Shall Grow Not Old

Someone on this forum with access to the book, They Shall Grow Not Old, should be able to answer this query. One would think...

Stephen

Thanks

TSGNO says P/O W.H. Earl (NAV.) was killed at No.1 CNS in Rivers, Manitoba (Canada) 5 October 1943.

Regards,
    Christian

Thanks

Thank you. I don't think he is the one I am looking for, since he was a navigator while the first P/O Earl was a fighter pilot