Thread: F/O Francis Mustard Davison, 158 Sqd

Thanks

Default F/O Francis Mustard Davison, 158 Sqd

Hi, I am after ANY details at all on Francis Mustard Davison who was shot down over Berlin on the night of 23/24 Aug 1943. I have been told about a book, written by Chorley, entitled "In brave company: History of 158 Squadron" would any one know of this book, and where I might find a copy. I live in Victoria, Australia. Regards and Thanks, Poppytod.

Thanks

The book was published in 1979/ revised and republished in 1990. Anyone who has Chorley's other books (RAF Bomber Command Losses of the Second World War, etc.) might have a copy or tell where you might obtain one.

Regards,
    Christian
    Last edited by PennfieldParish; 1st April 2011 at 00:08.

Thanks

A good number of pre-loved copies is available via www.bookfinder.com

Errol

Thanks

Hi Poppytod,

My uncle was lost on this raid with 158 Sqn as part of F/Sgt W A Burgum's crew on the same night. I have a copy of "In Brave Company" and Davison is quoted on pages 50-51 after the raid on Torino 4/2/43 "This was a very successful raid. Bombing was well concentrated inside the target area. As we flew home I could see the fires still burning, even when we were 50 to 60 miles distant from the city." Davison finished the war as a pow with the rank of F/L he spent most of the time in Luft Stalag 3.

I am up in Sydney, contact me off board at harley.158ATbigpond.com replace the AT with the usual.

John.