Thread: RAF Evadee statements

Thanks

Default RAF Evadee statements

HI all

Is there any place where on may look for evade statements of the RAf from the MTO? Should these be part of 15thUSAAF evade statements, or somewhere separately for RAF?
    I am looking for accounts of
    P/O J.A. Gibson and F/O W.R. Elvin from 9. April 1944
    Sgt. W. Booth, Sgt. William Goodbrand, Sgt. N. Mason, Sgt. L.F. Wetheril, Sgt. A.R. de Schrynmakers from 1/2.july 1944
    F/Sgt. V. Ansell, Sgt. W.S. Barron and Sgt. Philip O. Mayfield from 27/28. August 1944

Thanks

Peter

Thanks

You could try the lists at www.conscript-heroes.com/MI9-01.html

Thanks

Thanks, I know the page, but maybe overlooked it...
    will check once again

Peter

Thanks

There are escape and evasion reports at the National Archives in WO208 and I am pretty sure that they include some from overseas commands.

You need a fairly experienced researcher to find the way into the reports. It is some years since I last tried to access them and as I recall you have to search in an old fashioned card index first which, if the name is there, should provide a reference number that can be linked up to the index for the WO208 files.

Steve

Thanks

Thanks Steve
    I do have two microfilms with escape/evade statements from USAAF, MTO. But these are two rolls and hard to find there specific dates...and while going through these some years ago, I did not think of these names to look for.
    Will check once the films got back to me (I borrowed them) and will see if RAF is there as well.
    Just wanted to know if the 205th Group RAF was under 15th Usaaf or separately.
    thanks

regards