Thread: 1322 Flight ADLS in 1945

Thanks

Default 1322 Flight ADLS in 1945

I recently obtained a number of letters from a LAC who was apparently a member of the groundcrew involved with looking after 1322 ADLS flight in 1944/5 while they were at RAF Northolt.

I believe this was a Air Dispatch Letter Service Flight,but I don't know what aircraft they used.I imagined that like other ADLS flights they might have been Hurricanes

Can anyone confirm this?

It appears this man then went to Belgium with the ADLS later in the early post war because the letters from summer 1945 bear ADLS as part of his address on the letter heads.

I have learnt that on 10th January 1945 a French pilot with engine trouble landed a multi-engined plane at Northolt and my man had to help the others with translating because there was apparently a considerable language barrier!

I wonder if it was a Boston?

Thanks

Hi, according to Sturtivant:

No 1322 Flight forned 9.10.44 from the Anson component of 1697 Flight a 1322 Air Delivery Letter Flight, Northolt.
    Task: scheduled services to the continent
    Using Ansons, 29.11.44 at all 18, 3 at Brussels, 3 at Le Bourget, disbanded 11.12.44 to become Air Delivery Letter Squadron.

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Thanks Pavel for the info.

The LAC I'm researching previously worked on Dakotas with 48 squadron earlier in 1944,but I don't have many letters from that period.

An interesting man