Thread: RAF Coastal Command Losses Vol.2 and Vol.3

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default RAF Coastal Command Losses Vol.2 and Vol.3

Hi Digger,

My pleasure.

I've given up with Ian Allan now and am exploring a low run publishing route similar to Colin Cummings for the subsequent volumes of Coastal Losses.

Most other publishers are reluctant to continue the series due to copyright problems with "look and feel" related to the original Midland/Ian Allan publications.

Regards
    Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2020 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

This is a huge shame, I have been eagerly awaiting Vols 2 & 3 for months now!

Thanks

Ross,

thank you very much for that comprehensive if depressing answer. We all wish you the very best in your endevours.

Regards,

Martin.

Thanks

Ross

Good to hear something is finally moving.

I hope that if some kind of advanced ordering arrangement will help with the printing/publishing costs that you will let us know.

It is a pity to hear about the potential copyright issues but I hope at least you can keep Vol 2 & 3 the same page size!

Steve

Thanks

Hi Ross,

I can understand your frustration. Good luck with trying to get volume II and III published. I've been waiting for volume II for a long time, it would be a shame to see the series not progress past volume I.

Best Regards

Andy Fletcher
    Per Speculationem Impellor ad Intelligendum

Thanks

My 2 penneth

I would check with Ross if he is prepared to license/release his original data (with credit) to you to use - I would suggest if you follow the format of your Lost To Service series then any 'look and feel' issues would go away - You can prove that you have been using your look and feel for a number of years with no complaint - and also no one would ever claim you would be doing this for commercial gain!

Ross' data would need to be re-appraised again n light of new material since publication

On this web site Alex Smart has been issuing a Coastal Command loses pages - so some raw material is already in public domain -

All saying I would like the following please Santa Cummings

1) Inter-War losses book - I have a crude Excel for this already
    2) Coastal Command losses
    3) Far East losses
    4) Middle East Fighter Losses

Kind Regards

Paul

Thanks

Hello,

I concur with Steve : if some advanced order might help you to negociate with a publisher, don't hesitate to mention it, I'm sure many forumites will put their names forward for copies of awaited volumes 2 et 3. It that could help to have the books on our shelves.

Martin's comment about the Ian Allan is correct as far as I'm concerned. I used to spend some money with the paper catalogue (new books, bargain, 2nd hand) from MCP. Since they took over, I barely order from them, now say 10 % of what I used to spend with MPC, and I also found that they were not honest either : advertising a book at a certain price on the paper catalogue, only to reply that it was out of stock, and the new stock will be at a higher price, which was the one published online. Two different prices for the same book, and none of them available at the lower price obviously. I've not ordered anything from them since then. How are they supposed to make money with such a behavior ?

Joss