Thread: ATA Incident Inquiries

Thanks

Default ATA Incident Inquiries

Does anyone know what happened to the accident reports created by the ATA. I know a few copies have survived in AVIA 2 and 5 files at the National Archives but these were copies sent to the AM.

Will they be hidden somewhere in the BA archvies?
    Alan Clark

Peak District Air Accident Research

http://www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/

Thanks

The RAF Museum has many ATA records, as does the Maidenhead Heritage Centre. I think RAF Cosford might also have ATA records.

Thanks

There are many ATA related Accident Cards in the microfilmed records at Hendon. However, they are not always described as ATA and the unit might eg be something like; '50 Ferry Pilots Pool'. Furthermore, some ferrying was done with the aircraft listed by the receiving/losing unit.

I have a spreadsheet somewhere which lists ATA fatal accidents. If you would like me to try to find a copy, let me have your email address and I shall descend into the world of binary arithmatic to see what comes up.

Old Duffer

Thanks

I know that the 1180s are at Hendon for the RAF aircraft being moved around by ATA pilots and even a couple that seemed destined for FAA Squadrons, I actually meant the ATA equivelent to a Court of Inquiry.

The couple of reports that have found their way to the NA go into a similar level of detail to the AIB accident reports, and in the case of Mustang KH838 have been filed with AIB reports.
    Alan Clark

Peak District Air Accident Research

http://www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/