Thread: Help needed RAF 105 squadron

Thanks

Default Help needed RAF 105 squadron

Hello,
    I'm looking for info on 105 squadron during their stay in France. I searched the internet but found only little information. My main interest is information over operations and crew involved, date 24-9-39 'till 1-3-1940. Perhaps someone has acces to the units ORB. Any info would be very welcome and appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Sander

Thanks

I was interested in this unit in order to model their Battle A.GB. From early reading I was under the impression that they were wiped out early when caught on the ground by an air attack, but this turned out to be untrue. I obtained a photo of the wreck of A.GB via discussion on an internet forum - probably this one but if not then 12 O'Clock High. You should be able to find this correspondence by a search of the back postings.

The other source would be Peter Cornwell's After the Battle book on this campaign, which presents all known losses of the campaign and their circumstances.

A full list of the Battles in the unit can be found by combing through Air Britain's The Battle File, but Cornwell's book will be a better guide to their fates.

Thanks

Many thanks for the info and sources. Will look into these asap.

Thanks,
    Sander