Thread: FAO - Ross McNiell

Thanks

Default FAO - Ross McNiell

With no response to my email I have to assume that it did not arrive. However, I cannot view 'New Posts, or 'My Subscriptions' via 'My Profile', I receive the following notice =

Server Error
    The following error occurred:
    [code=SERVER_RESPONSE_CLOSE] The server closed the connection while reading the response. Contact your system administrator.

Yourf assistance please!

Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please contact the administrator.

Thanks

No email I assume you sent it to my defunct currantbun address.

The function does not work.

It does not prevent the main board operating of posting and reading messages.

I have spent several abortive days trying to regain the function by rebuilding the indexes but have now come to the conclusion that it is not worth the time as it is not a critical fault.

I suspect that it will heal itself in time

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Ross

My email was went via your profile as your PM box was full so I used the email icon.

However, whilst I am not a very active member as my interest is restricted to female casualties, in this case WAAF casualties. In this particular instance I was attempting to find a thread that I started some eighteen months/1 year ago and could not gain access via my 'Subscriptions started' icon and had to search physically through 75 pages. so whilst the problem is probably not critical to the forum as a whole it was certainly invconvenient to me.

I just hope that no member who is regularly active experiences the same problem. If you fine my post 'Problem???' you will note that I am not the only member experiencing this problem.

Tony

Thanks

Contact Us has the correct email address and is at the bottom of this page.

As to finding your previous posts I recommend you use the Google site search function.

tonym site:rafcommands.com

This will give 61 hits of tonym on this site.

This is the method that is described on this forum in various places, including the sticky at the top of each forum index page to overcome the fault in the site search function that occurred on the server change.

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.