Thread: Day bomb raid sheets Vol. I to IX

Thanks

Default Day bomb raid sheets Vol. I to IX

Hi,

I found a series of documents called “Day bomb raid sheets Vol. I to IX” (TNA AIR14/3360 to 3368). Vol I starting in September 1939 and Vol IX ending in July 1945.

I hope there is someone on this Forum with knowledge about these documents. I would like to know:
    -Is there any information about air combats and claims against enemy a/c in these documents?
    -Are day operations by night bomber units included? I am especially interested in the day operations against Scharnost and Gneisenau in Brest during 1941.

Thanks in advance,
    Peter

Thanks

Hi Peter,

I've consulted these documents quite a few times, but only for bo mbing results purposes.

Actually the Day Bomb Raid Sheets are similar to the Night Bomb Raid Sheets with totals of bombers from the different Groups with bomb loads, altitudes and targets. The occassions in which night bombers were on operations during daytime are also included.

I didn't come across claims against enemy aircraft, however some now and then a kind of encounter reports are included which seem to be a copy or originate from the Bomber Command Intelligence Summaries in AIR24.

I can send you some samples if you like to see what these bomb raid sheets contain. You can contact me on
    hnauta AT quicknet DOT nl. Please replace AT and DOT for the obvious symbols.

Kind regards,
    Hans Nauta
    Holland

Thanks

Hi Hans,

Thank you for the offer. Email sent

Regards,
    Peter