Thread: Pervival Harold Beake, DFC

Thanks

Default Pervival Harold Beake, DFC

Notwithstanding RCAF Air Force Routine Order 2373 of 3 November 1944, while describes this man as a Canadian enrolled in the RAF, "Men of the Battle of Britain" states only that he "came from Bristol and was educated at Victoria Park School and Bristol Grammar School." Even if (as some sources say) he was born in Quebec in 1917, his Canadian credentials may be very slim indeed. Can anyone enlighten me further as to his pre-RAF life ? Also, can a date and place of death be provided ?

Although I can edit text in message it appears I cannot edit title - which should read "Percival Harold Beake, DFC".

Thanks

Hello Hugh

This link to a post on a family history site indicates to me that Beake was indeed born in Canada. The Bristol connection seems to come from his uncle, also Percival Harold, who was born in Bristol and went to Canada with his family .
    I leave it to you to digest the info.

http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-24821.html

regards

DaveW

Thanks

Hugh
    Different records from accessible through ancestry.co.uk seems to confirm this.

In 10 Sep 1919 the family arrives in Quebec following a stay in Britain (from 25 June). The record (Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935) states that he was born in Canada.

Regards

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War