Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N/A ordering prob's

Thanks

Default N/A ordering prob's

Hi,
    Has anyone had any problems with ordering files from the N/A recently, i've been trying every day, to order a couple of ORB's since last Wednesday, but when i go to checkout, nothing!!!! emailed them last Wednesday to report problem, but no reply as yet.

Thanks

Alan,
    I ordered 4 different records on the 12/8 (nearly) without problems. Nearly because the order confirmation did not display on the website, but I did receive an e-mail with the confirmation.

On the other hand, to my surprise, today when checking I have an empty order history.

I also ordered an estimate the other day. Apparently, when they are not able to calculate the estimate automatically, they provide an estimate as they did in the good old days.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Hi Mikkel,
    I've just phoned the N/A about the checkout problem, and they assure me that it should be fixed by the end of this week.
    Now that they've got a fixed price of 20 per ORB, no matter how large the number of files within them, i'm in a buying mood
    Alan.

Thanks

I am afraid you are right. I couldt turn out to be very expensive that they have changed the procedure and pricing.

Not the least because of the 3-mouse-click-and-you-have-ordered-a-copy proces. May lead to one or two nice-to-have buys. :-)

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War

Thanks

Hallo Alan and everyone,

Is that correct, 20 for a copy of a full ORB ? For someone living outside the UK that would be great. It seems too good to be true for me. Has anyone actually obtained copies of ORBs for 20 ?

Regards in hope,

Martin Gleeson.

Thanks

The automated price is 20 per reference number (e.g. AIR 27/1, No 1 Squadron: Operations Record Book, 1926 Nov. 1940 Dec.), i.e. the price for a full ORB for the duration of the war would be considerably higher.

Personally, as I am researching individuals posted to different squadrons, in many cases I am interested in time spans of months or perhaps a single year.

The 20 is not much cheaper than before. Most estimates I have had within the last year have been 25 per reference number when ordering copy of all pages in a record on CD-ROM.

The price does not include mailing costs.

Regards

Mikkel

Thanks

Hi Martin,
    No!! not really, unless you can find a complete ORB under one reference number. Of the ones on my list, the first two are complete ORB's, and the last one is a partial ORB.....
    AIR27/1068....161sqdn, Feb 41 to June 45
    AIR27/1654.....299sqdn, Nov 43 to Jan 46.
    AIR27/1000/2....149sqdn, Apr 1937 to Dec 40.
    But under the new N/A pricing, they're all 20 each.
    Keep in mind that most ORB;s at the N/A are in yearly sections, (Jan-Dec) these will be 20.

Before the new pricing came in, i purchased a copy of the 23sqdn ORB, June 25 to Sept 45, which cost me 45, now it's only 20.
    Last edited by AlanW; 17th August 2011 at 14:03.

Thanks

Alan, Mikkel

Thank you both very much, that information is very helpful and encouraging. I will be on to the National Archives shortly !

Regards,

Martin.

Thanks

Hi Gents,

I placed an AIR27 order for 4 fliles on the Wed evening when the new online system started.

Got bombed out after order on return to the TNA pages but got auto email saying order accepted.

Sent an email report to TNA but no reply yet.

The files are CD replacements of ones I have on microfilm purely for ease of reference.

The 4 reels of microfilm + plastic boxes came to 212.45 plus vat in 2009 against 80 + postage if they hold the price promise.

Anyone done an CD order for the AIR50 microfilm combat reports yet to see what the fixed price is for these?

Regards
    Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

I just placed an order for two ORBs and although the NA webpage coughed out in the process I got a confirmation and an order number...then got another confirmation with a different order number...followed by a third confirmation with yet another order number. I think the chances of them charging me three times what they should be are pretty high. I did email them right away and got a canned response that they would try to look into my enquiry in 10 business days. Proceed with caution, their system is not working very well.
    Dave Wallace