Thread: Royal Norwegian Air Force aircrew serving in 320 (Dutch) Squadron

Thanks

Default Royal Norwegian Air Force aircrew serving in 320 (Dutch) Squadron

At least two courses at No.34 OTU, Pennfield Ridge between May-December 1943 had Dutch service personnel. This personnel would go onto serve with the 320 (Dutch) Squadron.

Some of the names I've been able to determine, thus far, are all pilots: Lt.Com Breedveld, Lt./JC Grader, Lt./JC Ijsselstein, Lt./JC Menschott, Lt./JC Neusink, F/L J. Radius and F/L L. Vanderburgh.

If anyone can provide me any additional details on any of these Dutch service personnel or any history on the 320 (Dutch) Squadron it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Christian

Thanks

Christian,
    Looking for info on Dutch (Naval) airmen have your question addressed to our SGLO (Studygroup Air War 1939-1945). Go to http://www.airwar39-45.nl.
    Regards,
    Henk.

Thanks

Hi Henk,

Thank you for the link. However I only speak English and the website appears to be in Dutch.

Regards,
    Christian

Thanks

Christian,
    Mail your question to Mr Huub van Sabben, final editor of our magazine "Bulletin SGLO" at:
    redactiebulletin@home.nl
    Regards,
    Henk.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PennfieldParish View Post
    At least two courses at No.34 OTU, Pennfield Ridge between May-December 1943 had Dutch service personnel. This personnel would go onto serve with the 320 (Dutch) Squadron.

Some of the names I've been able to determine, thus far, are all pilots: Lt.Com Breedveld, Lt./JC Grader, Lt./JC Ijsselstein, Lt./JC Menschott, Lt./JC Neusink, F/L J. Radius and F/L L. Vanderburgh.

If anyone can provide me any additional details on any of these Dutch service personnel or any history on the 320 (Dutch) Squadron it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Christian
    dear L.S.,
    the names you provided are familiar to me. The Breedveld group left the RNMFS (Jackson Miss.) on the 3rd of may 1944 for Canada to receive operational training with the Royal Canadian Airforce. This group consisted of 4 pilots, 4 observers, 4 wireless operators, and 4 gunners. Menschott is correctly written as Manschot. His first name was Adriaan, but he was called by the name Eddy.
    more information about the RNMFS can be found in the book written by O.G. Ward, P.C. Boer and G.J.Casius.
    In England they fulfilled service on B-25's from Lasham, and Dunsfold, later from Belgium Melsbroek.
    Adriaan lost his life during a collision and subsequent crash in Tienen, Belgium, on the 9th of february 1945.
    Do you have pictures, or additional information ?
    If you want to know more, send me a mail

Thanks

I have a course photograph showing these airmen (Lt.Com Breedveld, Lt./JC Grader, Lt./JC Ijsselstein, Lt./JC Menschott and Lt./JC Neusink) at No.34 OTU, Pennfield Ridge.

You can contact me at pennfieldparish@yahoo.com

Regards,
    Christian
    Last edited by PennfieldParish; 16th February 2012 at 22:52. Reason: Addy

Thanks

Where does "Norwegian" in the post heading fit into this discussion?

Stein

Thanks

Sorry the title should have been "Netherlands Naval Air Service".