Thread: Mosquito MM244

Thanks

Default Mosquito MM244

Anyone in the North of Scotland might be interested in this talk at this year's Highland Archaeological Festival

10.55 - 11.20 T he Excavation of Second World War Aircraft: De Havilland
    Mosquito MM244 Terence Christian, Centre for Battlefield Archaeology

http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourenvironment/conservation/archaeology/highlandarchaeologyfestival.htm

MB
    MB

Thanks

Default Mosquito MM244

hi , THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS WITH US , I remember back in the middle 90's visiting the site with the NAVIGATOR ALEC BARRON , A most interesting day indeed , sadly i no longer live in SCOTLAND and therfore will not be able to attend this most interesting topic , thanks again
    bw phill jones

Thanks

There is a short report on the HER

http://her.highland.gov.uk/SingleResult.aspx?uid=MHG54350

They sometimes put the full report online but does not seem to be there at the moment.

I was speaking to one of the archaeologists involved earlier in the year. They were packing up one day as it got dark, it was miserable cold wet weather. Out of the mist a family appeared trying to get back to their hotel. A couple of children were very cold, they just threw them in the back of their minibus and got them down to the village. She thought they were very lucky and there could have been a tragic ending if they had not found the family.

MB
    MB

Thanks

I visited this site in April 2010 and there were fragments of pistons and a number of valves on the site, so I'm not sure both engines were recovered. It appeared that at least one had blown up/been destroyed during the crash.

Johnnie