Thread: 88 squadron ORB

Thanks

Default 88 squadron ORB

Hi Guys. Im looking to see if anyone here has a copy of the ORB for 88 squadron from august 43 until their stand down. Ive discovered my godfather might be mentioned on an operation on 26th march 1944 but he transferred from his previous unit in august 43.

So the interim period aug 43 to march 44 is important to confirm his posting and what happend to him after march 44.

many thanks in anticipation

steve

Thanks

Hello,

It would help if you'd give the name of your godfather !

I have July, August and September 1943 of that ORB and I can check for these 3 months. It's possible another forumite has other parts of it.

Joss

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jossleclercq View Post
    Hello,

It would help if you'd give the name of your godfather !

I have July, August and September 1943 of that ORB and I can check for these 3 months. It's possible another forumite has other parts of it.

Joss

Duh!!..yeah it might have helped..

Roslyn Graham Langdon Clark
    service number 1601494

i know that he left 464 sqdn august 43 ish because i have the ORBs from 464..it states 4 air gunners transferred out to 88 sqdn Aug 26th, 3 more aug 27th and postings gradually coming along for surplus gunners on the 29th

steve

Thanks

Hello,

There's no page in the form 510 of No. 88 Squadron about postings in or out. A check in form 541s of August 1943 doesn't show him, but he was posted to the unit in the last days, so unlikely he flew any ops at that time.

I see a Sgt E.G. Clark on several days, but no Sgt R.G.L. Clark in September.

He may been posted to the Squadron at the end of August, but if he didn't fly operationnally, his name will not appear in the form 541, the daily résumé, which records the operational flights.

Sorry not to be able to help you better.

Joss

Thanks

quick bump for this...anyone else out there with any more info?

steve