Thread: 17 SQn ORB (AIR 27/235)

Thanks

Default 17 SQn ORB (AIR 27/235)

I am trying to locate the whereabouts of a RCAF pilot of Danish descent. He is posted to No. 17 Sqn in August 1941 and is known to have been with No. 112 Sqn in March 1942. I am trying to determine
    a) when he was posted from No. 17 Sqn (to No. 112 Sqn)
    b) if he flew operational in No. 17 Sqn

Re a)
    As I gather from the general No. 17 Sqn history (via raf.mod.uk) No. 17 Sqn was removed from the south to Scotland in April 1941 and sailed for the Far East in November 1941. This suggests that the pilot was posted from No. 17 Sqn in November at the latest.

Re b)
    Given the fact that No. 17 Sqn was posted to Scotland to re-form following the Battle of Britain it is likely that it did not fly operationally (or very little).

Would anyone have access to the relevant ORB (AIR 27/235) ?

Regards

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Hello Mikkel,

According to this site:

raf-112-squadron.org/nominal_roll.html

R/69710 F/Sgt (Pilot) Robert Emil SIMONSEN RCAF, was posted to No.112 Sqn on 1-8-1941.

Col.

Thanks

Excellent! Thank you

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War

Thanks

... just checking my files ... seems as if the period 1.8.1941-14.3.1942 (KIA) does not correspond with 607 ORBs information on posting to No. 17 Sqn on 31.8.1941...

Regards

Mikkel