Thread: Circus No.37

Thanks

Default Circus No.37

Gents,

Can anyone give me details on this operation, date, target(s), squadrons involved ( Bomber Command )

TIA

Steve
    No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron Association Historian
    No.623 squadron Research

~~IN TIME ~~

Thanks

Hello Steve,

Circus 37 took place on 7th July 1941. It involved 4 Stirlings of No. 7 Squadron, on Albert-Méaulte aircraft factory in the Somme Département in France (now an Airbus site).

I've a little interest in that raid because P/O R.D. MORLEY and his crew took part in it, and it seems they made most of the damage to the factory, and were lost the day after, and crashed in my research area, in Stirling N6034. They were flying another Stirling, and it was N6034 first op (with another crew), being lost on her second. Thus I'm looking for the individual letter of that Stirling, hopefully from a log-book from one of the crewmen who flew her during Circus 37.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jossleclercq View Post
    Hello Steve,

Circus 37 took place on 7th July 1941. It involved 4 Stirlings of No. 7 Squadron, on Albert-Méaulte aircraft factory in the Somme Département in France (now an Airbus site).

I've a little interest in that raid because P/O R.D. MORLEY and his crew took part in it, and it seems they made most of the damage to the factory, and were lost the day after, and crashed in my research area, in Stirling N6034. They were flying another Stirling, and it was N6034 first op (with another crew), being lost on her second. Thus I'm looking for the individual letter of that Stirling, hopefully from a log-book from one of the crewmen who flew her during Circus 37.
    Joss,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

I will see what I have on the two Stirlings!

Regards

Steve
    No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron Association Historian
    No.623 squadron Research

~~IN TIME ~~

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for any help you may about the MORLEY crew. They ferried Stirling N6034 from Wyton to Oakington on 2 July 1941, as this Stirling was initially posted to No. XV Squadron, then transfered to No. 7 Squadron.

I think you have No. 7 Squadron ORB. If not, I can send you digital pictures of the relevant pages.

Joss