Thread: F/Sgt John Frederick Forsyth-Johnson

Thanks

Default F/Sgt John Frederick Forsyth-Johnson

Hi,
    Hoping someone can shed some light on the loss of this airman. The entertainer, Bruce Forsyth was on a programme last night, and told of the loss of his brother, (the above airman) on 21st May 43, flying in a Wellington and is recorded on the Runnymede Memorial. I cannot find anything on him at the moment, and wondered just out of curiosity, if anyone can come up with any related information.
    tia....Alan.

Thanks

I saw the same programme and remebered that he was mentioned in passing on a thread on here as being lost on Wellington LB237:

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...hool-Newcastle

Regards

Simon

Thanks

Hi Alan

Greetings from another part of Cornwall - I saw that as well - and checked CWGC with the same result as you of course. My first thought was from an OTU, but, presumably, you have checked that as well in Chorley?

By the way - did you see the cookie about to be loaded on to a Mossie on 2 May 1945 on The Daily Telegraph website the other day?

cheers

Allan
    Allan Hillman

Thanks

Thanks Simon & Allan, so it was Wellington LB237 of 1 TTU. I did see the photo of the Mosquito, 2nd May 45, most likely 608sqdn PF483 "V" flown by P/O Turner with F/Sgt Bryant, Nav, on the Kiel op.
    Regards....Alan.

Thanks

Hi Alan

It doesn't explain why cwgc.org doesn't show his unit - but at least you have tracked him down, amazing what help a serial number can do isn't it !!

I found this piece on the BBC WW2 Peoples War site http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peop...a7997359.shtml about another crew at 1 TTU in 1943, and as he was there a couple of months could have been on the same course as F/Sgt John Frederick Forsyth-Johnson

regards

Allan
    Allan Hillman

Thanks

Thanks Allan.......