Thread: Chorley 1943 look up please

Thanks

Default Chorley 1943 look up please

Dear All
    Could any one give me the details in Chorley 1943 for Squadron Leader RH Laud of 75 Squadron, died 12/6/43. buried Heverlee War Cemy. ?
    Thank you
    James

Thanks

Stirling III BK817 AA-B Op Dusseldorf
    T/o 2348 Newmarket. Shot down by a night-fighter (oblt Wilhelm Telge, StabII/NJG1) and crashed 0135 at Frodthier (Liege), 10km N of Verviers, Belgium. Those who died are buried in Heverlee War Cemetery. S/L Laud hailed from Campell's Bay New Zealand and had joined the RAF just prior to the outbreak of war.

S/L R H Laud
    Sgt J H Russell
    Sgt A R Waite
    Sgt H S McQuade
    Sgt H S Mulholland
    F/Sgt T Whatmough
    Sgt F J Hawkins
    all above died
    Sgt M K Mathews POW

From RAF Bomber Command Losses of the Second World War 1943 by W R Chorley

Hope that helps
    Linzee

Thanks

James,

Bio details for Laud herewith from my 'For Your Tomorrow - A record of New Zealanders who have died while serving with the RNZAF and Allied Air Services since 1915 (Volume Three: Biographies & Appendices)':

LAUD, Squadron Leader Ronald Hugh.
    40625 b Auckland 20 May 16; Auckland Grammar; various - including farming in the Waikato. Selected for RAF SSComm by 13 Oct 37, emb for UK 1 Dec 37, arr 11 Jan 38; RAF & to White Waltham/13E&RFTS as Pilot u/t 17 Jan 38, SSComm [wef 17.1.38] & 1 Depôt 26 Mar 38, 8FTS 9 Apr 38, Pilots Badge, Aldergrove Stn Flt (various a/c types) as staff pilot 29 Oct 38, CFS 15 Jan 40, RAF College SFTS (various a/c types) as FI 18 Mar 40, 5(P)AFU (Master) as FI 1 Oct 42, 1657HCU (Stirling) 18 Mar 43, 75(NZ)Sqn (Stirling) 16 Apr 43, kao 12 Jun 43. Heverlee War Cemetery - 9.D.1, Louvain, Brabant, Belgium. Son of Norman Charles & Mabel Frances Laud (née Brickell), Epsom, Auckland; h of Doris Laud (née Wilson), Campbells Bay. [OHT2 & phot. TWN 18.8.43].

Errol

Thanks

Dear Linzee and Errol
    Thank you very much to both of you for your replies. Linzee you have given me the info on the aircraft and the rest of the crew that I required, and Errol your info on his postings has confirmed for me that I have got the right man as I am looking at in instructor who was F/O Laud at Cranwell in August 1940. Right man in the right place.
    Thank you both
    James