Thread: Notice to Recruit to Rejoin for Service

Thanks

Default Notice to Recruit to Rejoin for Service

Does anyone have a copy of the letter (circa 1943/1944) sent to RAFVR recruits calling them up to commence their training at ACRC after they have been held on reserve following attestation (Form 1376)?

We are trying to get hold of a copy so that we can include it in a research project that we are currently undertaking regarding a FE in Bomber Command (KIA 4th February 1945)

Also, we are still trying to establish if recruits were provided with the silver RAFVR lapel badge in 1943/1944 (which was issued at attestation, but had to be returned at ACRC)

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

The letter I think you are referring to is the one sent out by the WWII Secretary for Air, Air Ministry, Sir Archibald Sinclair, thanking the volunteer aircrew and advising it could take several months before being called-up and to keep active in some form of civil defence. I should think the RAF Museum department known as D.O.R.I.S. could hold copies of this letter. Thay may even be able to help you with your VR badge question. Give them a try: http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/research/
    Last edited by namrondooh; 3rd February 2012 at 12:43. Reason: adding RAFM address

Thanks

Thanks for your response; I have a copy of the "Welcome Letter" that you mention; it is the one that was issued after that, requesting the recruit to attend ACRC to start their training, that I am trying to get a copy of.

Thanks

I've never seen or heard of this one but the RAFM may still be a place worth contacting.
    Last edited by namrondooh; 3rd February 2012 at 13:20.