Thread: New member looking for Mrs LINDA IBROM about Lancaster crash June 16th 1944

Thanks

Default New member looking for Mrs LINDA IBROM about Lancaster crash June 16th 1944

Hi to all,

I'm a new member looking for MRS LINDA IBROM cause she has very important informations about the crash of Lancaster n° LL690 JI which in IWUY (North of France) by the night of the 15th to 16th June 1944 (returning from a mission above Valenciennes).
    I have already many informations about this Lancaster but I'm missing the Nationality of the Navigator Flight Sergeant Hutt who is buried in military cemetery in Iwuy and the nationality of Sergeant Bloom still missing.
    Thanks to anyone who could help me to find Mrs LINDA IBROM who is member of this forum it seems.

Regards

Michel

Thanks

Not a member but follow the instructions in this old post

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?5225-Linda-Ibrom-Airforce-Researcher

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

I'll point her towards this message, was in contact last year.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Hello,

The CWGC database show Raymond Harold Hutt had the service number 1575248 and was RAF (VR). No other information quoted.

Probably our service number gurus could find some details out of that, like the time frame he joined in ?

Similarly for :
    BLOOM, BENJAMIN
    Service No:1414792
    Date of Death:16/06/1944
    Regiment/Service:Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve 514 Sqdn.
    Panel Reference Panel 225.
    Memorial RUNNYMEDE MEMORIAL

There's an additional plaque for Bloom in Rieux-en-Cambrésis for Bloom, near the rest of the crew, but I'm sure you know it and have the newspaper clippings.

I've made some researches in the past for these losses, as M Alain Delzant of Escaudoeuvres wanted to have a memorial erected for these crews, as I've done for Eswars or Paillencourt.

I've already been in touch with Linda some times ago, may still have the e-mail stored somewhere.

Joss

Thanks

HUTT probably around June 1941 @ Birmingham.
    BLOOM same time @ Penarth.
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Hello

Thanks Peter.

The fiancée of Benjamin Bloom visited the area on several occasions. As I don't live nearby, I've never been able to get in touch with her, and I'm not sure she's still around anyway. From memory I think it was her who organised the private plaque for Benjamin, which was added in the WW2 plot.

A nice way for all visitors to remember the name of the missing airman, as very few people have the knowledge / know-how about the Runnymede memorial, CWGC database, Chorley's books, etc...

Joss

Thanks

Default Thanks to all for the numerous messages I've received

Hi to all

And thanks for all your replies.
    I just need to keep in touch with Mrs Linda Ibrom cause I would like to know if she has got photos of the LL690 (I've got one of the crew but not of the Lancaster), and I would like to know about the nationality of Flight Sergeant HUTT, because my uncle told me that he remembers that the Priest of the village received a letter from Australia asking for détails about the plane a few weeks after the crash. In this letter parents of a crew member asked if the crew realised their mission before being killed.
    My uncle replied (by the request of the Priest) at this time in English (cause he was the only one to be able to translate at this moment) that they did successfuly their mission. But he doesn't remember the name of the family and the name of the pilot.
    As the other crew members were from Great Britain except for Sergeant Davies who was from Canada, I wonder if this letter wasn't from Sgt HUTT family, except if this letter came from a parent of the crew member expatriate in Australia.

Regards to all

Michel

Thanks

I sent you Linda's email address via a PM (Private mesage) please check that and contact her.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

There were two births with the name Raymond H. Hutt registered in England in the time period when Raymond Harold Hutt would most liekly have been born (1915 to 1925).

The first was in Leicester between January & March 1921, mother's maiden name Willmott
    Second, in Faringdon (areas of modern Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Gloucestershire & Wiltshire) during April to June 1922, mother's maiden name was Taylor.

Of the two I'd be tempted to suggest the first one, with Leicester being a little closer to the recruiting centre that Hutt entered the RAF through. Also the marriage registration for the second R.H.H's parents shows his father to be William J, so no obvious source for the middle name, unless it went back a further generation. I have been unable to identify a marriage in England & Wales for the first set of parents.

There are no hits in Scotland for a Raymond Hutt being born in the 1915 to 1925 period.
    Alan Clark

Peak District Air Accident Research

http://www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/

Thanks

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by alclark View Post
    There were two births with the name Raymond H. Hutt registered in England in the time period when Raymond Harold Hutt would most liekly have been born (1915 to 1925).

The first was in Leicester between January & March 1921, mother's maiden name Willmott
    Second, in Faringdon (areas of modern Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Gloucestershire & Wiltshire) during April to June 1922, mother's maiden name was Taylor.

Of the two I'd be tempted to suggest the first one, with Leicester being a little closer to the recruiting centre that Hutt entered the RAF through. Also the marriage registration for the second R.H.H's parents shows his father to be William J, so no obvious source for the middle name, unless it went back a further generation. I have been unable to identify a marriage in England & Wales for the first set of parents.

There are no hits in Scotland for a Raymond Hutt being born in the 1915 to 1925 period.

Thanks for your information,I'll follow my trail with these precious details

Regards

Michel