Thread: Bomber Command Forms

Thanks

Default Bomber Command Forms

I have tried asking this question on another forum but haven't had a response so I thought I would give it a go here.

Is there anywhere where I can get hold of a single document that explains who prepared and sent what information to whom before, during and after each Bomber Command raid.

What I am looking for is something that says:

To initiate the raid, Form A was prepared by x and sent to y, then Form B was prepared by y and sent to z .... then .....
    During the raid ? ......
    After the raid, w prepared the ... report and sent it to z, z prepared the .... report and sent it to q.... etc etc.

I know the information can probably be found by trawling through numerous threads .... but was wondering if there was a quicker route for research novices like me.

Obviously having established the process, examples of each report (preferably for the same raid) would be useful!

Is this a challenge too far?

Thanks

Dear Pete
    I'm sorry but I cannot answer your question. It may be worth contacting DORIS at RAF Hendon. They can be useful over something like this. The RAF Air Historical Branch would be my next point of call.
    Could you possibly let us know what documents you are referring to? Do they have Kew reference numbers?
    Best wishes
    James

Thanks

James,

Some of the Lettered Forms discussed are given with use over in the RAF Forms section of the forum

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?11862-Forms-Lettered

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

James

Thanks for your response; as Ross says some of the forms are listed on the forum.

What I am trying to get is an understanding of the process so that I can understand the forms. Obviously Bomber Command HQ initiated the process (or did they get instructions from somewhere). HQ must have then informed the various groups, the various groups their squadrons, the various squadrons their personnel. What were the steps and what forms were used in each of the steps.

After the raid, the interrogation officers must have taken the information brought back from the crews and collated it into various reports which presumably were fed back to the squadron, then fed up to the group, then fed up to HQ ... what were these reports called, who produced them etc etc.

I will have a stab at putting something together from various threads on various forums, but I was hoping that someone may have had this information to hand ... but never mind, it was worth a try.

Thanks

Dear Ross
    Thank you for giving that link. It makes good reading.

Dear Pete
    Sorry not to have been any help. I hope you fing what you are looking for.

Best wishes
    James