Thread: German 'Totenliste' - are they archived?

Thanks

Default German 'Totenliste' - are they archived?

I have been looking though several casualty files from the National Archive of Australia the past week, and have seen references to the Totenliste send from German authorities to the Internaitonal Red Cross in Geneva. Are these lists archived somewhere?

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Hello Mikkel

I once tried to find the Totenliste files in the research I am doing for LK635 lost in Sept 1943. I wrote to the IRCC in Geneva but was unsuccessfully in my search. They were not the most helpful organisation I have dealt with at first and even though I gave then all the information I could they were rather brash with their reply.
    My problem was that I was looking for "unknown's" and eventhough I had all the names with date of loss, no luck. I was hoping they may have just found the list from the period I was looking at and answered my main question: Was there any of the named crew or unknown's on the list and where were they located? My request seemed to be too wide a scope and I am well aware they must get many many requests for such information.

But if you have a single crewman and a date etc then from their answer to me:

"Research in our archives can be done only by name. Our individual files and archives are arranged by nationality and alphabetical order"

Then if the list from the period you are looking at exists they should be able to help.

search here for contact: http://www.icrc.org/eng/contact-archives

Good luck with your search.

Nick

Thanks

Thank you Nick. Most helpful.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War