Thread: 21 otu orb

Thanks

Default 21 otu orb

Would be most appreciated if anyone with access to the 21 OTU ORB could look at the period from the first to the 20th August 1943 to see what may be recorded about a Sgt. Proctor believed posted in on 3/8/43 and hospitalised for a medical condition by the 11th. Would be interested to know if he flew any training sorties in the week or so he was there and the names of the crew he flew with.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kevin Mears

Thanks

Default 21 otu orb

Hello Kevin

Hope you are getting on okay.

I photographed the ORB pages for the whole month, but a quick look at the time to check the pages required for the whole month for photographing, did not mention a Sgt Proctor.

The only sorties recorded, seemed to be one or two 24 hr periods, right at the end of the month, taking up only two ORB Form 541 sides, which would be too late, for your dates.

I will download all the photos I took, into file folders in the next few days. Do you still require the ORB pages for the dates you mentioned, even if there is no mention of Sgt Proctor, when I have had a chance to scrutinise them more closely? If not, I will still save them anyway and back them up.

All the best.

Regards Mark
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 27th April 2012 at 21:52.

Thanks

Hello Mark.

Long time no hear.

I would be delighted if you could send copies of the pages you photographed. I seem to be coming to something of a dead end with this one. I was hoping there would at least be a mention of Sgt. Proctor being posted in to 21 OTU or perhaps mention of him flying after crewing up but eight days is a very small window. To be honest I'm at a loss where to go next with this one.

At least if I have copies of the ORB entries for that month then I can actually show my correspondent that we have drawn a blank.

Let me know what you need, postal or email address and thanks for all your help on this, it is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin Mears

Thanks

Default 21 otu orb

Hello Kevin

PM me your email. All my pics I took, are still on my camera at the moment, but will be sorting them soon.

Regards
    Mark

Thanks

Default Photos & Half the light tubes removed at TNA, Kew, over Photo Tables.

Kevin

Sent photos of AIR 29/665 21 O.T.U. August 1943 over 3 emails.

Just noticed that the sick were transferred to Moreton-in-Marsh Station M.O. & Sick Quarters. I have typed in "Moreton" and AIR 50/481 No. 21 O T U, Moreton-in-Marsh is returned as a digital image.

But AIR 50 as you know are Combat Reports and /481 is No. 21 O T U Misc Units and Flights.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but The National Archives, Kew have taken 2 tubes out of each bank of lights (50% of the lighting tubes removed), over the photographic tables, about 2 weeks ago!

Regards Mark
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 12th May 2012 at 18:28. Reason: AIR 50/481 and Combat Reports