Thread: Danish servicemen/-women in RCAF

Thanks

Default Danish servicemen/-women in RCAF

For some time now, I have been digging into the subject of Danish men and women who served in the Royal Canadian Air Force. The work is not concluded yet (not sure it'll ever be), but I hope to transform the work into a more thorough introduction for the Canadian audience at some point.

An English version of an article on the Danish/Canadian pilot Colin Frank Sorensen is about to be released in Canada. As the audience for this article is the Danish-Canadian community, I have included a reference to a list of the 80-90 individuals I have identified as Danes, possible Danes or of Danish descent in my research. It is a work-in-progress and not all information is presented on-line. Nevertheless I would like to share it, and - of course - invite you to share any information that might complement the work already done.

No systematic recruitment of Danes for the RCAF took place; it was an individual project. This makes it very difficult to trace the Danish volunteers. I have had great help on this forum, especially I would like to mention Hugh A. Halliday.

The list is divided into different groups according to their status, or presumed status, at enlistment. This is complicated by different principles for determining nationality in Canada and Denmark and the fact that many Danes emigrated to Canada in the 1920's. In general, I only include Danish nationals (at enlistment) in my work. Some exceptions are included in the list. In other cases I do not have enough information to in- or exclude yet.

I hope you find the work interesting:
    http://danishww2pilots.dk/rcaf/

Mikkel
    Last edited by Mikkel Plannthin; 29th April 2012 at 06:44.
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Colin Frank Service?

Do you mean Colin Frank Sorensen?

If so I look forward to reading the article Mikkel.

Christian

Thanks

Sorensen of course.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War