Thread: 3(P) AFU South Convey

Thanks

Default 3(P) AFU South Convey

Hi,

I am looking after the names of aircraft used at the 3(P) AFU of South Convey in 1944.

Who knows ? One of a Free French was trained at South Convey

TIA

Bertrand

Thanks

Bertrand, salut,
    You may, possibly, be looking for RAF South Cerney. Then (Willis & Holliss) a Pilot's AFU in 23 Group of Flying Training Command.
    You may (or may not!) be interested in the fact that I have had, in my various careers, to have broken INTO various RAF Officer's Messes in the middle of the night. But South Cerney is the only Officer's Mess I have actually BROKEN OUT OF in order to go on a very early operation deployment! (Confidential details are available for a minor contribution to The Distressed Met Persons Retirement Fund, payable in Gold Coins Of The Realm!!)
    Rgds
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Bertrand

This is a bit outside my field but I believe that 3 (P) AFU was at South CERNEY not Convey. A quick Google suggests that it was used for twin aircraft training (Ansons and Oxfords) but I will leave that bit to the experts.

Regards

Pete
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

HI Peter,

I have only euros rather gold coins of the realm to know the following of your story...

Info I had was a bad handwriting and thanks to Peter and Pete for pointing out the true spelling of 3(P) AFU

Bertrand