Thread: Belgian Alex Nitelet ops with Bomber Command ?

Thanks

Default Belgian Alex Nitelet ops with Bomber Command ?

Hello,

I'm in touch with other people who are interested in the life of Belgian pilot Alex Nitelet, who flew Spitfires with No. 609 (WR) Squadron, shot down on his first ops on 9th August 1941. Severely wounded in one eye, he received surgical treatment while hiding in France. After a spell with SOE in 1942, he flew a total of 13 missions with Bomber Command in about 1943, as told in his Belgian military papers, as air gunner.

We used to believe these ops were done with No. 161 (SD) Squadron, as air gunner / despatcher, but fellow forumite and expert in the SD units Bob Body couldn't find any trace of him in the Squadron records or crew lists.

Has any other member of the board ever found his name in an ORB, while searching / compiling another crew ? This is a long shot, but who knows ?

Thanks in advance

Joss

Thanks

Hello Joss, came upon this thread while googling Alex Nitelet. Link follows to explain, but you probably solved this years ago! Para 5 gives the gen on his association with 161 Squadron:
    http://www.conscript-heroes.com/Art0...telet-960.html

Nick Livingstone

Thanks

Hello

Yes, I knew this site. As it was a few years ago, I don't remember if I managed to compile the list of missions he flew with the SD Squadron. I've well covered his mail flights with No. 1697 (ADLS) flight.

Joss