Thread: S/Ldr Zumbach Bar to DFC decoration at Kirton(?), 1942 - looking for the date

Thanks

Default S/Ldr Zumbach Bar to DFC decoration at Kirton(?), 1942 - looking for the date

Sometime between late September 1942 and late November 1942 S/Ldr Jan Zumbach, commanding No. 303 Squadron was decorated with a bar to his DFC. I believe the ceremony was held at Kirton-in-Lindsey, where the squadron was based at the time. During the same ceremony two other pilots of the unit received their RAF decorations: P/O Antoni Glowacki the DFC and F/Sgt Mieczyslaw Adamek the DFM. I am trying to find the exact date of the ceremony and to confirm that it was indeed at Kirton. I also seek confirmation that it was AOC No. 9 Group that decorated them. Perhaps someone with access to RAF Station Kirton-in-Lindsey or No. 9 Group records can check that?

Thanks

Thanks, northeagle, but this only confirms that by 17 November S/Ldr Zumbach's bar to DFC had been gazetted. In fact, the ORB of No. 303 Sqn announced that back in September 1942 (it should be there in the web version, as I have it in my paper copy).
    But I am looking for the date (and location) of the ceremony during which the decoration was actual pinned to his chest.