Thread: Flying Officer Alfred Robbins DFC 77 squadron, Halifax LL235 lost april 23rd 1944

Thanks

Default Flying Officer Alfred Robbins DFC 77 squadron, Halifax LL235 lost april 23rd 1944

I am helping a friend of mine whose brother F/O Robbins was lost on operations off the coast of Denmark. Anyone with information letters or photographs pertaining to his RAF career would be most welcome. Yesterday I attended the unveiling of the Bomber Command Memorial in London and was deeply moved by the ceremony and the wonderfull sight of so many veterans from around the globe. The only regret is that it has taken so long and so many have through the passing of time been denied their rightfull acknowledgment.

Thanks

Default 77 Squadron

Hello

I expect one of the other forum members will have some information about your loss.

However, are you aware that there is still an active 77 Squadron Association.

Regards Mark

Thanks

If you look at www.flensted.eu.com you can see the details of this loss, also there is photo of the crew. This is an excellent site, "Airwar over Denmark".

Regards,

John.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses the Danish Site is most useful although F/O Robbins doesn't appear in any of the photographs, I understand he was a late substitute for the regular navigator...fortunes of war. Thanks again,
    Best wishes

Mike

Thanks

The pilot of LL235 was my mothers cousin, and Ive been looking in to the crash since 2000. I was hoping to find the rear gunner D.M.Harris. He visted the crash site in 1982. The Danish unveiled a monument in 2010, but I could not see any English reps there.

Thanks

John
    I wonder if your friend have a picture of his brother that I can bring on my site ? As you see from my site I do give credit when using other peoples pictures.
    Best regards
    Soren Flensted
    WWW.Flensted.EU.Com