Thread: Search facility on RAFC

Thanks

Default Search facility on RAFC

I don't think the 'Search this forum' facility is working correctly. I've been trying to find threads and posts I've written as 'Lyffe', but the most hits I get for 'Threads' is 7 (none of which are mine) and 8 'Posts'. Given that I'm credited with over 120 posts, this doesn't seem right.

Also, at the bottom of each page is a cumulative sequence of pages, some 58 pages since this forum was reborn last November. There seems to be no built-in limit to the number of pages listed, by which I mean that after, say, 20 pages, the oldest is archived. The widest I can make my page takes me to page 34, which means I can't access pages 35-58. Since the Search facility ain't helping I'm in a bit of a quandary.

There's probably a simple solution, but darned if I can find it.

Brian

Thanks

Default Click on your name

brian,

click on your Lyffe name on the top of yoru posting or anywhere where you see it heghlighted, one of the options on a drop down menu or new page will be to find all posts by "Lyffe".

Click on that and all your posts will be presented.

Also the page index, if you click on the graphic arrow at the end it asks which page you want to visit and also theres a little > hyper link at the end.

I can see up to page 58 archive? maybe I'm looking at a different thing.

Just click on your hyperlinked profile name and eventually your option to find all yoru threads will be presented.

Dennis
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Or go to "Advanced Search".

On the Right you'll find "Search by User Name", and you can search either for posts or threads

A

Thanks

I did that Amrit and it seems, and I stress seems to only return 50 posts rather than the 124 that the system credits 'Lyffe' with.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Ah I hadn't noticed that Dennis. I know different boards have restrictions - some 250, some 500 returns. One some boards I have over 3000 posts but can only find the last 500.

Ross must have decided on 50.

My apologies

A

Thanks

I can open page 58 all right. Have you tried to "move" your screen to the right?
    Normal screen displays up to page 36, but by moving a bar at the lower end of your screen, pages 37-58 can be called up.

Regards,

Leendert

Thanks

So there was a simple solution, thank you gentlemen. However, there seems little point of having a search facility that doesn't give the answers being sought, without going to the 'Advanced search'?

A question about the latter - does 'Any date' cover a longer period than 'One year'? OK, I know this version of the forum has only been going for five months, but I'm thinking ahead.

Brian