Thread: Arnhem resupply ops 46 group - resupply squadrons ORB look up request

Thanks

Default Arnhem resupply ops 46 group - resupply squadrons ORB look up request

Hi, this is a long shot however somebody may be able to help me, I am trying to see if a member of 799 Air Dispatch company RASC is mentioned in the ORB during the resupply operations during the Arnhem operation 17th-25th Sept 1944. His name is T/5350743 Dvr T A Goldstone and he may have flown as part of an AD crew with one of the Dakota squadrons in 46 Group - 48, 233, 271, 437 (RCAF), 512 or 575 Squadrons RAF.

If anyone has a copy of any of these squadron ORBs for the period concerned I would be grateful for a look up, even if it eliminates that particular squadron and narrows my research field....

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

Thanks

Not the answer you really want but I have checked the Roll of Honour for Arnhem and the book which covers the resupply sorties: "Green On". I did not find any entry under the name of Goldstone in either book.

Colin Cummings

Thanks

Hi Colin,
    very many thanks, at least it eliminates another area of research.
    Rick

Thanks

Hi, there is a strong possibility he may have flown as an air dispatcher with 437 (RCAF) sqn during the Arnhem operation, is anyone able to check the ORB for the period 17-25 Sept 1944?
    Cheers,
    Rick

Thanks

I have information on one crew lost on this day at Arnhem. It was Dakota KG315 of 437 Sqn and Goldstone was not on the crew list.

One description has the plane as being hit by flak and crashing 1 km SW of Driel - 17.00 hrs. Crew initially buried field grave on crash location. However, I read Green On and it has a description of KG315 being shot down by FWs.

Hugh Halliday, in his article Airmen Over Arnhem, says two RCAF crews were lost that day,one of them being KG315.

http://www.legionmagazine.com/en/index.php/2008/10/airmen-over-arnhem/
    David