Thread: R.M. Dickie (RCAF ) Whitley crash : AD 712 30.08.1944 Scotland

Thanks

Default R.M. Dickie (RCAF ) Whitley crash : AD 712 30.08.1944 Scotland

Hello to all on the Forum. I am in the process of researching a RAF Lancaster crew killed in Colchester Essex and have recently had letters published in Canadian newspapers in my search for the three Canadian crew members.

I was contacted yesterday by a lady in Canada who enquired about her cousin who died in a totally unconnected air crash in August 1944. I posted her letter on the website that I frequent which is WW2talk.com and received quite a lot of information on this Whitley crash. Link here:

http://www.ww2talk.com/forum/general/47043-ross-meredith-dickie-rcaf.html

If any members have anything they could add or if they could send me a picture of his grave (for some reason I can't register on the Scottish War Graves Project site) I would be grateful.

Mrs. Bradley is not a PC /Internet user so all of what I can collate will be sent to her through the post.

Many thanks.

P.S. Great site here and will visit more often.
    Last edited by STAN53; 5th August 2012 at 23:53.

Thanks

Default Whitley AD712 30 August 1944

The a/c blew up in an electrical storm at 10,000 ft, broke cloud and dived into the ground near Kippen, Fintry, Balfron 11:13 (5607N 0413W).

Keith

Thanks

You could write or email the Canadian archives and possibly get his service record and a copy of a photo of him too if they hold one. Good luck.
    Regards Scott McIntosh

ACIA Researcher

Search for Air Crash Investigation & Archaeology on Facebook for our groups page.

Thanks

Also you dont have to be registered to gain access to the Scottish War Graves site just copy the link for this page

http://scottishwargraves.phpbbweb.com/scottishwargraves-ftopic121.html

And scroll down to the Dickie name as they are alphabetically listed.
    Regards Scott McIntosh

ACIA Researcher

Search for Air Crash Investigation & Archaeology on Facebook for our groups page.