Thread: Ramegnies-Chin Churchyard, Belgium

Bart FM Droog Guest

Default Ramegnies-Chin Churchyard, Belgium

CWGC <a href='http://www.cwgc.org/search/cemetery_details.aspx?cemetery=2023935&mode=1'>Ram egnies-Chin Churchyard</a> (Belgium) contains 21 Commonwealth burials of the Second World War, six of them unidentified.

One of them could be:

Leading Aircraftman <a href='http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=1530494'>Jack Bromley</a>, RAF 550718, 53 Sqdn., age 20, 15/05/1940, missing (buried as 'unknown airman' in Ramegnies-Chin Churchyard, Belgium, according to Cynrick De Decker and Jean Louis Roba in 'Mei 1940 boven Belgi&#235;'.

My question: has anybody been at this cemetery and knows what the inscriptions on the headstones of the six 'unknown' graves are?

LAC Bromley was air gunner on this plane:

Type: Bristol Blenheim Mk IV
    Serial number: L9399, TE-?
    Operation: ?
    Lost: 15/05/1940
    Pilot Officer (Pilot) Peter K. Bone, RAF 40795, 53 Sqdn., age 27, 15/05/1940, Templeuve Communal Cemetery, Tournai, Belgium
    Sergeant (Obs.) William J. Cronin, RAF, 365686, DFM, 53 Sqdn., age 31, 15/05/1940, Templeuve Communal Cemetery, Tournai, Belgium

Regards,

Bart

Thanks

I contacted the chap who has photographs of this cemetery on his website. He didn't photograph the "unknown" graves individually but he sent me an enlargement of Jack Bromley's grave which shows about three quarters of the memorial. What can be seen reads ....... AIRMAN OF THE 1939-1945 WAR. ROYAL AIR FORCE 16 MAY 1940 .....N UNTO GOD.
    Let me know if you would like me to send you a copy. I don't think I can post on here?

Stan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanTJones View Post
    I contacted the chap who has photographs of this cemetery on his website. He didn't photograph the "unknown" graves individually but he sent me an enlargement of Jack Bromley's grave which shows about three quarters of the memorial. What can be seen reads ....... AIRMAN OF THE 1939-1945 WAR. ROYAL AIR FORCE 16 MAY 1940 .....N UNTO GOD.
    Let me know if you would like me to send you a copy. I don't think I can post on here?

Stan
    I have photos, but they are on my old phone which I will need to charge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonheyworth View Post
    I have photos, but they are on my old phone which I will need to charge
    Sorry took me a while, crushed mt thumb, 25 stitches -ouch. excuse one handed typing :

right
    ROW A GRAVE 5 IS ; AN AIRMAN OF THE 1939-45 WAR 15TH MAY 1940

ROW B COLLECTIVE GRAVE ARE 5 SOLDIERS OF THE 1939-45 WAR 22ND MAY 1940 ALONG WITH
    PRIVATE J. EVANS OF THE DUKE OF WELLINGTONS REGIMENT

hope that helps

I have loads more unidentified RAF grave information for my travels