Thread: Help Wanted - WO 208/3312

Thanks

Default Help Wanted - WO 208/3312

Several years ago I had copied at Kew the MI.9 report of Lieutenant Anthony Augustus Masson, Fusiliers Mont Royal, who was captaured at Dieppe (19 August 1942) but subsequently escaped and made it back to Britain. Only recently did I put the report to use, and then I realized it was incomplete; he was accompanied by a Lieutenant-Commander Prior, RN, and upon being released from captivity on 27 November 1942 he wrote, "From this point my journey is as described in Lieutenant-Commander Prior's report."

Masson's report is listed as M.I.9/S/P/G (F) 1062 while Prior's is identified as M.I.9/S/P/G (F) 1037. I assume (perhaps wrongly) that it is in the same file as Masson's (WO 208/3312).

Is anyone in a position to assist me in obtaining a copy of Lieutenant-Commander Prior's report ?
    Last edited by HughAHalliday; 31st March 2008 at 16:53. Reason: Spelling error in original

Thanks

Default WO208 files

Hi Hugh,

I have a contact who has been indexing the WO208 files. He is a naval enthusiast and it is possible that he may have an image of one of the files. I will e mail him and ask whether he can assist or not. At least he may be able to say which file they are in.

All the best,

Ann

Thanks

hello Hugh,

I have pictured many evasion reports from that file at Kew, but unfortunately not that one, as it was not aviation related. I can confirm from a random check of the digital pictures I have that report 1062 is still in the "frame" of WO 208/3312.

Joss

Brian S Guest

Default Wo208

Hi Hugh,
    Ann sent me a message regarding your request I will be at KEW in 9 days. The Report is in WO208/3312.and can be copied.

Brian

Thanks

Hugh,

At the NA now, have ordered the document, will photograph it and send it on tonight. Can you PM me so I can forward it.

Regards

Steve
    No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron Association Historian
    No.623 squadron Research

~~IN TIME ~~

Thanks

Default Wo208/3312

Hi Hugh

It must be nice to be so popular - your fans beat me to the punch!

Regards to you both

Brian (and Val)

Thanks

Default Wo 208/3312

Steve, I have sent you a message and look forward to seeing the material. At the same time I want to thank everyone else who contributed or offered to contribute. If my reply to this (and other threads) seems a bit tardy by Forumj standards, I can only explain with two words - bonspeil today (and many people know where my priorities lie when curling is involved).