Thread: Lancaster DV329 (KM-W) lost 23/11/43 - help needed

Threaded View

Thanks

Hi Nick
    I'm greatful for what you have done to help. I is such a pity that the PoW questionaire does not state where he was taken prisoner or indeed how he survived. Very interesting though that he was uninjured upon capture.

I have since tried to get the "KE" reports from the MoD under the freedom of information act, following advice from Germany,since but have been presented with next of kin forms etc from the MoD to complete which I have done, so this may take a while to get a response.

Do you or anyone else know what the KE reports contain?

Has anyone got any idea where I could try next to try and identify where the two planes crashed. It is confusing as the Web sites say Schnaufer shot down JB537 at Rastdorf and in his so called list of kills it does not mention DV329, Yet the MACR for the 23 Nov 43 shows "N" the code number for JB537 as having been shot down at Vrees by Flak. Also the Book Nachtjadg on page 303 does indeed state Schnaufer shot down DV329 at Lorup near to Rastdorf. Yet I have the Air Ministry letter saying that DV329 crashed at Vrees and JB537 at Rastdorf. Will I ever find out where my great Uncles a/c crashed? I have now hit a brick wall - Please can anyone help?. I can email the documents I have to anyone who is willing to help so as help them clarify the issues surrounding the true crash sites.
    Last edited by bigf; 7th September 2012 at 10:19. Reason: further to add on