Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lancaster DV329 (KM-W) lost 23/11/43 - help needed

Thanks

Default F/O Charles William Nunn 132381

Hi,

F/O Nunn was distant relation through my mother's side. As an ex RAF aircrew myself I had been trying to solve the mystery of what happened for several years when I stumbled across your forum. Can't thank you enough for this information. Although we have no photo of Charles now, my family remember seeing an old photo of an RAF officer when we visited relatives. Unfortunately, we are not sure if it was Charles or his brother John, who was died flying spitfires in Burma. Another mystery to solve!!!

Kind Regards
    Dave

Thanks

Hello Dave

I am glad to have been of help in being able to solve what has happened to your relative C. NUNN. If you provide me with an email adrress to :
    bigf"at"techemail"dot"com
    I will forward the stuff I have relating to Crew lists and sqn orders naming the crew, combat reports as well as the details of german reports and a brief summary of what has finally occurred.
    Cheers
    Fred

Thanks

Hello Volker

Thank you for the information, I would be extremley greatful if you could suppy an ariel photo of the crash site of DV329 the Lancaster which crashed at Rastdorf on 23/11/43. Please see my email address in the forum. If you go to the crash site and find any wreckage please let me know. Also if you could maybe get a photo of the people who have helped you find the site and of the house where Kirwan was taken prisoner and given food.
    In fact any help would be greatful.
    I am hoping to go to Germany (Rastdorf) in 2013 to pay my respects at the crash site and lay a memorial plate to the crew. Perhaps we could meet up and get the local press involved?
    Kind Regards
    Fred

Thanks

Default Lancaster DV329 crashed in Rastdorf!!

Hi Fred,
    yes I would be happy to meet you here next year in Germany. As mentioned to me the crash site was shown by the witnesses. I am also in contact with a local resident editor of the newspaper. However, I want to be sure first and locate the exact location and explore. First I have to find evidence at the crash site. I am confident that we will solve the misery forever.
    Does anyone have photos of the crew?

Kind Regards
    Volker Urbansky

v.urbansky@t-online.de

Thanks

Hi Volker
    I have a photo of my great uncle the pilot Flt.Lt Charles Hill but not of the whole crew. If anyone knows where to get sucha photo then please get in touch.
    Volker if you need a copy of the photo let me have your email address and I will pass it on with other documents i have.
    Cheers
    Fred

Thanks

Default Lancaster DV329

Hi all,
    the mystery is solved. Yesterday I found the exact crash site of the Lancaster DV329. I have explored three hours in the wood. I was desperate and wanted to give up. Then, suddenly, the detector has been triggered. Yes unbelievable but true, I've found the Lancaster. I dug up some parts. Unfortunately, it got dark very quickly and I stopped the work. The story is resolved.
    Kind regards
    Volker Urbansky
    v.urbansky@t-online.de

Thanks

Hi Volker
    You are a STAR. The photo's were amazing.
    See you in September.
    Fred