Thread: Albacore Porspoder pictures

Thanks

Default Albacore Porspoder pictures

Hello dear members of this forum,
    I know this is like a bottle in the water, but I’m trying to find if any member who would have ever kept in mind who were the buyer (s) and seller of that serie of pictures showing Albacore L7129.
    See Aircraft to ID [Archive] - Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum
    I suspect the Canadian buyer I’ve heard about, who would have bought one of the pictures at 161 €, may be one relative of the pilot as, according to one of the numerous accounts I took, the pilot would have been a Canadian talking French.
    I’ve also been told that one member of this crew would have come back after the war, but without being able to exchange lot of words with the people he met, as they would have been only talking Breton, not French or English.
    I’m currently thinking about a possible exhibition and conference about the planes shot down at Porspoder during WWII for next year. Also a book in French from wreckages pictures in Finistère department, France, is planned.
    Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Gildas

Thanks

Gildas,
    It is not clear if you know the crew names so I post them below. I do not know if any of them were Canadian.

L7129, 829 Squadron

Failed to return to St Eval after night attack on seven destroyers in Brest Harbour 10th October 1940

Lieutenant Commander O.S. Stevinson
    Lieutenant N. Quill
    Petty Officer A. Brimms
    All POW

Source; FLEET AIR ARM AIRCRAFT 1939 TO 1945 (Sturtivant & Burrow)

Ian

Thanks

thanks Ian for your reply. I did know the crew names and mission, but would a lot appreciate to be in touch with today's owner (s) of those pictures. A local picture may exist, but was never found.
    Have a nice day

Gildas