Thread: Claim August 3, 1940, a Dornier 17

Thanks

Default Claim August 3, 1940, a Dornier 17

Hello,
    I am looking for a claim for August 3, 1940, a Dornier 17 near the airfield Dinard to + or - 23 hours French.
    I found a claim and download the document on the website of Kew, thinking he had the right gear, but not, yet it is a victory awarded to Pilot Officer Sauand of 85 Sqdn, Holland on a Heinkel 111 .
    Another possibility, claim the Costal Command is it possible ? Or the night of 3 to 4 or 4 August ?
    Cordialement,
    Regards,
    Mit freundlichem Gruß,

Dan

Association Bretonne du Souvenir Aérien 39-45
    http://www.absa3945.com/

Thanks

Default Do17 lost 3 August 1940

I have one Do17 listed lost near Dinard on 3 August 1940 but as follows:

Stabsstaffel StG3 Dornier Do17M-1. Crashed and burned out at Dinard due to port engine failure shortly after take-off on radio-test flight. BO Oberlt Helmut Küster, FF Fw Willy Krause, and BF Uffz Ernst Sellke all killed. Aircraft 100% write-off.

No RAF claim was involved and I am not aware of any claim by No.85 Squadron on or around that date.

Thanks

Thank you Peter for details on the circumstances of the flight experiment. The Dornier crashed Do17M-1 is 15 kilometers from the airfield to Dinard Plouer Sur Rance.
    One of the engines was on fire, by cons we have two witnesses who heard shots in the night and fly a plane houses after the crash, that's why I wanted to check if we have a claim for that night, not just for the 85 Sqdn but for a He 111 in Holland.
    Cordialement,
    Regards,
    Mit freundlichem Gruß,

Dan

Association Bretonne du Souvenir Aérien 39-45
    http://www.absa3945.com/