Thread: Newbie saying "Thanks for the welcome!" Records Q.

Thanks

Default Newbie saying "Thanks for the welcome!" Records Q.

A question for the brains trust, if I may.

I'm from NZ and have been on the search for a friend.
    Brief story is, John's uncle was William "Bill" Campbell, a NZer who apparently flew in the RAF, on Hurricanes so the rumours have it. Bill died some time ago with little of his service history known by family.

Now, it seems odd a NZer flying non-NZ Sqn in the ETO, if he was on Hurricanes.
    That begs the question - was his operational time on Hurris or s/thing similar (Typhoon, Tempest, even Beaus or Mossies), or did he serve in another theatre?
    That would sit with ops using Hurris in CBI, N Africa or even Merchant convoys.

Meanwhile, I'm on the mission to track down his logbook. If one of you fine, upstanding gentlemen might point me in the direction of any threads that are helpful I'd appreciate it.

VR

Ross

Thanks

Ross,

A good place to start regarding his flying career is to request a copy of the papers that survive on his RNZAF service record as held by Personnel Archives, NZDF, Trentham. The service is a free one. Further details may be found here:

http://www.nzdf.mil.nz/personnel-records/nzdf-archives/

Errol

Thanks

Default Thank you, Errol

The irony is, I've asked Trentham for my records but it never occurred I'd look there for others.
    Grateful.

VR

Ross